Forsyth Award-May Nominee-Amy


So I decided to take the kids out for a ride the other day. I got everything ready with the help of my wonderful hubby, and set out for a nice bike ride. Ella and Preston were buckled into the trailer nice and snug and I decided to try out my new biking shoes. As I headed out on the trail I clipped my feet in and out of the pedals trying to be as high tech as my gear headed husband. Feeling fairly comfortable I finally left them clipped in and really started riding. When out of nowhere came my turn onto the Center Street sidewalk. It was a sharp turn onto a steep little hill and since I have no biking experience I started to panic. As I turned onto the hill and started going up, my bike weighed down by the trailer and two 25 lb. children quickly came to a stop. As I was stopping I was desperately trying to change gears to the easier gear so I could keep riding while at the same time trying to kick my feet out of the pedals. I was a complete failure at both attempts. My bike stopped and I tipped over right onto my side and back. It wasn't a horrible injury, minor scrapes and cuts but my poor children were traumatized. Ella kept asking me why I fell over. I didn't quite know how to respond. I wasn't looking like the tough all-together mom she was used to. Anyway, I've nominated myself for the May Award. Are there any other nominations so far?

4 comments:

Kara said...

HA! I think you win, hands down for May (that's a compliment, naturally), but is my bumbling home government eligible for at least an honorable mention? When they were confused and panicked by these 3 little Tiger cropdusters, they attempted to bring down not two but THREE commercial airliners full of passengers. The first one didn't notice the anti-aircraft missile that fizzled out before it hit, but the next two did notice that they were being shot at, and they escaped to India with little bullet marks all over the fuselages. Sorry to blather on, but oh what a treasure! And President Mahinda is so pleased with all the personal attention that he is now getting.

Unknown said...

OK Amy.....you win the May competition!

Nate and Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate and Megan said...

That's a good one! But, May's not over yet...